20110210

mr.sunshine

        I think Matthew Perry may have finally found a character that isn't Chandler Bing that he can make work!  First Courtney Cox in Cougar Town and now this.  Miracles.
        MP plays a sarcastic (obvs) manager? or something of the Sunshine Center, your basic arena for any and all events.  He carries his disinterestedness very well, I almost think this character is much closer to his real personality than even Chandler was.


        Andrea Anders traveled over from the remains of "Better Off Ted", which I was very excited to see!  She played almost the same character, but oh well, I love that character!


        Allison Janney is one of those faces that is so familiar but hard to place.  I recognize her from random spots in Juno and 10 Things I Hate About You.  She's so talented, and I love that she's playing the spacey and ridiculous owner of the Center.  From the previews, I thought she was going to be MP's assistant or something.


         Ok, so don't hate me, but I didn't recognize any of the other characters except for Hurley!!  (Which was amazing, but I don't know if he'll be a regular?)  So, I'm not going to comment on them, yet.  I am happy to say that I had quite a few LOL moments, which I always demand from my comedies, so I will keep watching for a while.  
          Props to Perry, I guess he wrote, produced, blah, blah.  Basically, the whole thing is his.  Here's his interview with Jon Stewart on the Daily Show.  He did pretty well...looks old though.

No comments: